Airline Enterprise - Forums

Full Version: Server status and reset information
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The game has updated and been reset! Have fun and enjoy!

Please note that your load factors will likely be low for the first few days of establishing your new airline. For more information, review the new awareness feature, either in the change log below or in the updated game guide. Once you establish some flight history and set up marketing, your awareness will rise, and you should start to see an increase in load factors. 

Here is the change log:
Code:
1) Gate utilization has been enabled again. Dedicated gates give you 10 slots per day, and shared gates give you one slot. Each time you land at an airport, you use one slot. If you land at an airport with insufficient slots, you will have to pay a penalty that is higher than the cost of 1 shared gate. Additionally, airports now have limits on the number of dedicated gates each airline can lease, based on the size of the airport. The limit ranges from 4 to 10 gates. There is no limit on the number of shared gates you can lease. In the future, terminal buildings will be implemented as an option in the infrastructure page. We would also like to have aircraft use different amounts of slots based on their turnaround time, but that will be implemented in the future.

2) Marketing and airline awareness has been fully implemented. Awareness is not simply a re-branded reputation. Reputation does not factor into awareness at all, instead it consists of: airline age, marketing spend, the size of the airports you serve, number of routes, number of countries you have a presence in, and number of passengers transported. For a brand new airline, awareness will be low. As you expand and fly to more destinations, your awareness will increase. Spending on marketing is crucial if you want to increase your awareness at a faster rate. Marketing is charged daily.

3) You can now reset your airline once per week instead of once every two weeks.

4) DC-9-30 and DC-3 have been added to the game, and several aircraft including the MRJ and A319CJ have been removed. Several aircraft received updates to their in-game specifications. Fuel consumption has been adjusted for the ATR family, and maintenance costs for prop aircraft have been reduced by 10%.

5) Interest rates on both the initial starter loans as well as normal loans have tripled, and you are now required to make a minimum daily payment on loans equal to 2x the interest charge (this is done automatically, and all payments go towards the principal of the loan).

6) Some older aircraft and aircraft that are out of production are now limited. There is only a certain number of them in rotation within the game world, and once all aircraft are owned by players, no new ones will be generated on the used aircraft market. Additionally, exceptionally old and brand new aircraft are less likely to appear on the used market.

7) Some adjustments have been made to the number of employees required.

8) The "2nd day skip" bug that would occur when you activate a new route, where flights would schedule for that day, but not the following day (as the route did not exist when the auto scheduler ran), has been fixed. Now upon activation of a route, the game will schedule the flights for both today, and tomorrow if applicable.

9) Quick flights are now known as transfer flights, and do not transport any passengers.

10) There have also been many bug fixes and minor enhancements, some you will see, and some are purely in the back-end. A patch was applied to the route activation system so that you can now start a transfer flight and then schedule a route that starts after the transfer flight has finished turnaround. Search boxes have also been implemented on some pages across the game. Further UI enhancements are in the pipeline as well.
1) Gate utilization has been enabled again. Dedicated gates give you 10 slots per day, and shared gates give you one slot. Each time you land at an airport, you use one slot. If you land at an airport with insufficient slots, you will have to pay a penalty that is higher than the cost of 1 shared gate. Additionally, airports now have limits on the number of dedicated gates each airline can lease, based on the size of the airport. The limit ranges from 4 to 10 gates. There is no limit on the number of shared gates you can lease. In the future, terminal buildings will be implemented as an option in the infrastructure page. We would also like to have aircraft use different amounts of slots based on their turnaround time, but that will be implemented in the future.

2) Marketing and airline awareness has been fully implemented. Awareness is not simply a re-branded reputation. Reputation does not factor into awareness at all, instead it consists of: airline age, marketing spend, the size of the airports you serve, number of routes, number of countries you have a presence in, and number of passengers transported. For a brand new airline, awareness will be low. As you expand and fly to more destinations, your awareness will increase. Spending on marketing is crucial if you want to increase your awareness at a faster rate. Marketing is charged daily.

3) You can now reset your airline once per week instead of once every two weeks.

4) DC-9-30 and DC-3 have been added to the game, and several aircraft including the MRJ and A319CJ have been removed. Several aircraft received updates to their in-game specifications. Fuel consumption has been adjusted for the ATR family, and maintenance costs for prop aircraft have been reduced by 10%.

5) Interest rates on both the initial starter loans as well as normal loans have tripled, and you are now required to make a minimum daily payment on loans equal to 2x the interest charge (this is done automatically, and all payments go towards the principal of the loan).

6) Some older aircraft and aircraft that are out of production are now limited. There is only a certain number of them in rotation within the game world, and once all aircraft are owned by players, no new ones will be generated on the used aircraft market. Additionally, exceptionally old and brand new aircraft are less likely to appear on the used market.

7) Some adjustments have been made to the number of employees required.

8) The "2nd day skip" bug that would occur when you activate a new route, where flights would schedule for that day, but not the following day (as the route did not exist when the auto scheduler ran), has been fixed. Now upon activation of a route, the game will schedule the flights for both today, and tomorrow if applicable.

9) Quick flights are now known as transfer flights, and do not transport any passengers.

10) There have also been many bug fixes and minor enhancements, some you will see, and some are purely in the back-end. A patch was applied to the route activation system so that you can now start a transfer flight and then schedule a route that starts after the transfer flight has finished turnaround. Search boxes have also been implemented on some pages across the game. Further UI enhancements are in the pipeline as well.

Below is the old version of this post before it updated:
Quote:Here is an update about the upcoming reset and about the current status of our server.

Server status

You may have noticed that certain pages were not loading or very slowly and such today. You may be getting 502 errors. Also for the past few days, some or all of your routes were not being scheduled. Our current cloud provider had encountered some hardware problems and that also led to some downtime for fixes. The service provided by our cloud provider can no longer keep up with the workloads we require from them and that is why we are constantly facing problems. 

There were some temporary fixes applied last night but they didn't last long enough before the application server died again. Some more changes are made today and we will have to wait to see if they are effective or not. For the time being the game will be slow.

There won't be any further fixes to address this problem, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Continue reading to see why.

Reset

As you may have noticed, particularly by the yellow banner on the home page, there will be a reset happening really soon. It has been almost a year since the last reset. We are working hard to have bug fixes, features, and redesign work implemented for the reset. As a result, we are currently prioritizing the reset over more immediate hot fixes. You can think of it as us release one large patch instead of a bunch of incoherent hotfixes. 

A part of the reset will be us moving to another, hopefully better, cloud service providers with more powerful servers. This will help solve most of the performance problems and some of the problems stemming from configuration made a year ago. New software and tools will implemented at the same time.
Q & A:

My flights are not being scheduled and the website is slow or only partially loads. When are you going to fix this?
There is a fix implemented, but if it doesn't work, I will not be fixing it. Please wait until the reset where we deploy our new infrastructure or you can bear with us and keep using the game in the current state. 

What is going to be reset? The routes? My airline? My fleet?
The reset will erase all current game data, this means you will have to start over again. All your airline data, including fleet, money, logos, etc will be gone. Please backup or write down any data you wish to retain, such as routes you want to reuse, your ticket prices, or your logo.

How about the forums?
The forums will remain unaffected for now. There is a plan to upgrade and modernize the forums and move away from MyBB but it will not happen at this reset. 

How long will the reset process take? 
We will deploy our new infrastructure in parallel to our existing systems. When ready, we will redirect everyone to the new servers with the game already reset. There should be minimal downtime. We will provide warning and the forums will be temporarily locked at that time to prevent desynchronization. Our chat and issue tracker will remain online and unaffected.

What else is changing for the reset?
Our current aircraft data will be refreshed and some aircraft that was added accidentally will be removed. Take a look here for more information about aircraft data. Political restrictions will also now apply to all routes. Previously, grandfathered routes were not affected for technical reasons. This should ensure a more even and balanced playing field as a response to some of the great suggestions provided by players. There are a few other things we are working on and will be made available upon the reset taking place.

How can I help this process?
You can help by reporting any inaccuracies and bugs in the game. Please report any airports with incorrect or outdated statistics, submit issues on the issue tracker, or point out errors on our chat. We are trying our best to fix issues for the reset, stayed tuned!

Again, I do apologize for the poor experience from the last few days. Please bear with us as we get this reset ready for you all to enjoy!

If you have any concerns of comments feel free to post below or contact me on Discord. 
thank mr sw
So at the moment, none of my flights are flying, and I cant purchase/lease any aircraft due to Error 502
Like SW said most of that is due to the server issues which we are in the process of fixing, doesn't make sense to spend time applying a patch when we are going to reset everything and move servers in a week or so.
The fleet page looks weird. There are some weird numbers on the left, and that's it. Is it just me?
Just doing some testing, it's gone now.
So is the reset date fixed yet?
Not quite yet, we'll let everyone know once we have a firm date.
Wow! This game has become tough.
I wanted to set up a full frills airline but no chance.
I guess we all have to follow the low cost strategy and then change to a full fare airline later on. Not very realistic but I can't charge more than 10 USD for an economy ticket and even then the flight is only 60%full.
I have to see if I can survive that.

Interesting times ahead.

Stefan
(04-29-2019, 01:47 PM)fsclips Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! This game has become tough.
I wanted to set up a full frills airline but no chance.
I guess we all have to follow the low cost strategy and then change to a full fare airline later on. Not very realistic but I can't charge more than 10 USD for an economy ticket and even then the flight is only 60%full.
I have to see if I can survive that.

Interesting times ahead.

Stefan

Same here, except that I have managed to get more pax on board at a higher price - perhaps I have a better base airport Tongue
Pages: 1 2