Airline Enterprise - Forums

Full Version: Slots
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A preliminary slot usage system has been installed. You can see the changes on the gate management page. No changes have been made to the cost structure yet, so technically as long as you have 1 gate at the airport your flights will continue to operate normally.

Dedicated gates give you 10 slots. Shared gates give you 1 slot. Those numbers are subject to change, but this keeps with the current ratio. I have a feeling shared gates need to give more than 1 slot. Probably 2. That would allow 2 landings per day with a shared gate.

Every day at midnight UTC the slot usage statistics are reset and, in the near future, this is also when any costs will be calculated and applied to your airline. The two types of costs would be for using a shared gate as well as going over your slot allotment. Dedicated gates will still be used before shared gates once the new cost system gets put into place. 

The way utilization works is it takes how many slots you have and compares it to how many you have used so far for the day. Remember a day is from UTC 00:00 to 23:59, not your local time or airline HQ time. A utilization of > 100% means you do not have enough slots for the number of flights you have going into that airport.

I want to let this run for a few days and make sure it is working properly and calculating utilization correctly before I implement the costs and penalties for over-utilization.
So there will be no need for 1gate=1plane
Unk - there's a slight problem. When you start an airline your initial gate has 0 slots. Probably best to have 5-10 slots at that initial gate.
Your first gate is a dedicated one so should come with 10 slots.
(10-02-2018, 09:06 PM)D960 Wrote: [ -> ]So there will be no need for 1gate=1plane

Correct

(10-02-2018, 09:36 PM)Zortan Wrote: [ -> ]Unk - there's a slight problem. When you start an airline your initial gate has 0 slots. Probably best to have 5-10 slots at that initial gate.

Good catch
I was actually thinking of proposing this feature just hours ago. Thanks Unk.

I agree with Carde, first gate should have 10 slots
Great job! But i don't know if there is a problem or what but
e.g.
BCN - TLV M-W-S - 747 (EC-AAN)
BCN - TLV T-F-SU - 747 (EC-AAO)

But it says that the only gate i have there is at 200% utilization, why is that?
I will have to look into it further, looks like a bug. You only have 1 flight landing at TLV every 24 hours so it should be 100% not 200%.
Just for your information:

I have a flight MDE-HRB and it says 2100%.
(10-03-2018, 10:06 PM)Unknown98 Wrote: [ -> ]I will have to look into it further, looks like a bug. You only have 1 flight landing at TLV every 24 hours so it should be 100% not 200%.

Great!
Pages: 1 2 3