Airline Enterprise - Forums

Full Version: IFS System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
bar option will stay but the prices you set there in the IFE will go away. think of the bar as like a walk up bar/lounge area where drinks are served.
In-flight service configurations have now been fully implemented into the game. Previous IFS profiles will no longer work, and have been wiped from the database. To assign an IFS configuration to a particular flight, you have to edit the route, and then you will see all your created IFS configurations in a new dropdown box. Select the configuration you want to assign to the flight, and then save the route. The next time the route schedules, it will schedule with the IFS profile assigned to it, and will calculate IFS costs and revenues accordingly.

For now the flight details page does not show a detailed breakdown of IFS costs and revenues, however that data is stored for each flight, so it is just a matter of editing the page to allow for a more detailed breakdown of financial data for each flight. I will do that at some point in the near future.

I have not yet had time to create the "assign to all" function for IFS profiles, but it is at the top of my list. What this will do is allow you to assign an IFS profile to all flights that fall within the default time frame for that profile, without having to individually edit each route.

In anticipation of the new reputation system which is coming in the very near future, flights will no longer earn reputation. Reputation is going to be calculated based off your average flight rating, which is calculated from your combined IFE and IFS profiles assigned to each flight. Expect the new reputation system to be in place shortly.
Hi Admin.

Thanks for the update.

How will this affect the flights that have a IFE and IFS by default?
If you select a default time when you create an IFS profile, in the future you will be able to automatically apply that IFS profile to all flights that fall within the time frame, but that feature is not ready yet. IFE was not changed.

I will also make it so when you create a route for the first time, it automatically applies the default IFS profiles to each flight so you don't have to select them, I can work on that over the next few days as well.

but for right now until I get those features working you have to assign IFS individually per flight via the edit route function.
Thanks Unk for the update! Really excited to work with the IFE/IFS-based rep system (and it also means one step closer to my anticipated reset).

For the minor adjustments just take your time, and enjoy your Christmas holiday! Your break comes first, the game can wait. Smile
Thanks for the great update Unk! Can't wait to use it on my airline! Big Grin
Unknown98 Wrote:I will also make it so when you create a route for the first time, it automatically applies the default IFS profiles to each flight so you don't have to select them, I can work on that over the next few days as well.
This has now been implemented, when you create a route for the first time the IFS selection boxes will auto select the default IFS profile for each flight, if one exists.

The variable costs on the main IFS overview page have also been updated to take into account # of meals.

I'll work on the game guide today to explain a bit more about how everything works.
Sorry Admin, sorry folks. I don't like this new feature. I have about 200 routes, Short, medium and longs. Now, I have to spend hours to create IFS profiles and setup to every route/plane. Who have that (much) time? 

I fear I must shut down my loved airline.

Thanks and sorry

Taylor, Central's CEO
Well to be fair the game is in beta, and features are continuously being added and changed. There is also a complete game reset planned for the near future once some more updates are in place, so if you want to come back after that, things should be more stable.
I was messing around with the IFS last night. Looking good! Looking forward to the new reputation scheme. Thanks Unk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6