Aircraft Information Review
At that price and capacity the DC-8-73 is the best airplane in the game.
[Image: iLm5DiL.png]
(04-11-2019, 04:49 PM)Dokhu Wrote: At that price and capacity the DC-8-73 is the best airplane in the game.

How true Big Grin. But not a good long term investment perhaps. Definitely not Zortan's idea of realism Wink
It fits my idea of realism of buying and putting them on a museum Smile Maybe a world tour once in a while Tongue
Planes I would suggest be removed:

MRJ
VC-10 (even if you get killed, it has been retired)
Concorde
747-100 (retired from passenger service)
747SP
DC-8
A319CJ
L-1011
DC-10
DC-9-20, but introduce DC-9-30 (I believe all -20s are retired but I could be mistaken, while the -30 is still in a decent amount of service)
Tu-334 (never actually entered service)
YAK-40 (I believe it has been retired from commercial pax service although the -42 has not)

Actually keep the 737-700ER since it is currently available to order, so it's not unrealistic to have it.
Keep the MD-11 because there are many airworthy examples that could easily be put in passenger service and the plane is far from obsolete - same thing for the A342.
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
I think the DC-3 should still exist in the marketplace - that plane will and should never die. It is not entirely unrealistic to operate it on a kind of historically-minded purpose imo
i think the way the game calculates fuel consumption leads to a bit of a disadvantage to the lower end of the seat scale, turboprops especially. the fuel burn on an atr72-600 and the 737-max8 are identical for example. maybe incorporating the aircraft weight into the calculation to balance out the disadvantage somewhat. i love operating small regional fleets but the game prohibits this mostly, especially at the beginning of games until rep is gained.
[Image: 5af23012753f72.24826773_jmlnqekhogfip.png]
(04-12-2019, 08:59 AM)Anzatax Wrote: I think the DC-3 should still exist in the marketplace - that plane will and should never die. It is not entirely unrealistic to operate it on a kind of historically-minded purpose imo

Good idea. There are airlines that do currently operate it (at least 2 in canada alone)

(04-13-2019, 08:52 AM)Dazwalsh Wrote: i think the way the game calculates fuel consumption leads to a bit of a disadvantage to the lower end of the seat scale, turboprops especially. the fuel burn on an atr72-600 and the 737-max8 are identical for example. maybe incorporating the aircraft weight into the calculation to balance out the disadvantage somewhat. i love operating small regional fleets but the game prohibits this mostly, especially at the beginning of games until rep is gained.

100% agree. Regional aircraft are so hard to operate without raising prices insanely high, and I mean a lot of IRL airlines can get away with much lower prices on such aircraft and still be (relatively) profitable. Case in point: FlyBe's Q400s and ATRs
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
Thanks for all the info guys

I will go thru this during the week and try to validate things and maybe change some things related to fuel economy. Just about done with the code changes to the game for the reset, so once all that is done and stable I will focus on the data side of things.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
(04-12-2019, 02:50 AM)Zortan Wrote: Planes I would suggest be removed:

MRJ
VC-10 (even if you get killed, it has been retired)
Concorde
747-100 (retired from passenger service)
747SP
DC-8
A319CJ
L-1011
DC-10
DC-9-20, but introduce DC-9-30 (I believe all -20s are retired but I could be mistaken, while the -30 is still in a decent amount of service)
Tu-334 (never actually entered service)
YAK-40 (I believe it has been retired from commercial pax service although the -42 has not)

Actually keep the 737-700ER since it is currently available to order, so it's not unrealistic to have it.
Keep the MD-11 because there are many airworthy examples that could easily be put in passenger service and the plane is far from obsolete - same thing for the A342.
Someone who thinks like me Smile
Though I'd like to keep the Yak-40, I believe there's at least one airline that still uses it (Motor Sich Airlines in Ukraine), and I kind of like it. Not as much as Carde loves the VC-10, but still. I think most of the DC-9s are gone too, maybe the MD-80s are still there, so they should be gone too.
Not MD80 They're still flying, and I love them. Looks like we're trying to keep our beloved airplanes in the game no matter what Smile