Rest time for airplanes (in real life scenarios)
Do planes have to rest after a long flight?
No, long-haul flights are the same as any other flight in terms of plane wear, maybe even less as they remain at cruise altitude for longer and don't have as much of the flight during climb, etc. - Turn times are usually much longer, however, due to most long-haul flights being operated by larger aircraft, and higher levels of service on such flights, including bigger meals, etc.
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
(09-13-2019, 04:12 AM)Zortan Wrote: No, long-haul flights are the same as any other flight in terms of plane wear, maybe even less as they remain at cruise altitude for longer and don't have as much of the flight during climb, etc. - Turn times are usually much longer, however, due to most long-haul flights being operated by larger aircraft, and higher levels of service on such flights, including bigger meals, etc.

Wow. So does that mean that the "rest time" for planes are only during turn around times?
Yes, planes don't need to sleep Wink
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
I fact like a lot of mechanical things they prefer to be in motion over sitting still.

And well a plane not flying is not making money.

I have my long haul aircraft fly 3-4 times a week. Narrowbodies fly 9-10 hours a day
I've been on a Southwest flight with a 30 minute turnaround, that's pretty standard for that airline. Southwest as an airline though doesn't operate overnight flights.
The saguaro cactus is my spirit animal and it should be yours too.
It's official y'all:
[Image: SKUn4m2.png]