New reputation system
How will we simulate charter flights now, Unk?
Maybe schedule flights but make lots of them with random destinations and activate a random one
I guess you can't.

The reason for the change is because the quick flights use an entirely different system in the back-end. So it is difficult to keep those two systems equal when it comes to updating the demand formula, the reputation formula, etc. Some of the functions that I use, I need two copies, one for QF and one for routes. It doubles the work any time I make even a minor change to any of the formulas, and right now, the formulas are constantly changing and evolving. It's almost like coding two different games. Not quite to that extent, but it's similar.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
(01-23-2019, 06:20 AM)Unknown98 Wrote: No, quick flights will transition to aircraft transfer function (no pax) after reset so I didnt bother adding the new reputation to them

Yeah, might as well just do that. Saves you a lot of time and enables you to focus solely on the actual flight engine/system
So the main thing I don't get is: Why do we lose rep for not having a specific class? My rep is half of the rep of my classes, just because I don't have Business and First. But I mean, IRL people don't avoid airlines for not offering specific classes. I'd way rather fly Air Canada's Business class than American Airlines' first class - it's just better - and AC's lack of first class doesn't make me want to choose a different airline...
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
Yes, just what I wish to suggest. What if I have a 100% service for each of my seating classes, but on my regional jets I only have economy? at this rate my airline may only be able to have 75% rep. And first class is a dying market nowadays...
Because Rep is an overall evaluation of the airline - if you lack a particular service you will lose rep. For an IRL example Jetblue may be fantastic for what it is, but it's not a first class airline. It's jetblue. for the classes they offer, it's great. but they don't offer anything for people looking for a first class service. So, if jetblue were in this game, they wouldn't have 100% rep because they don't offer all the available services.

Eventually I'd like to have airline categories or groups, and you could compete against other airlines in the same category for various awards, rankings or bragging rights. Reputation would be a way to pair together similar types of airlines.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
I think it's ok losing rep for not offering a specific class. I'm currently running a low cost airline offering low fares (a few tens of dollars lower the default prices for now) with the in-flight service you would expect from an LCC and I'm getting 70% rep in Economy.
Personally I don't feel like it makes any sense to do this. JetBlue is an incredibly popular airline with an excellent reputation IRL, and its Mint product on transcon flights is also incredibly popular. People don't avoid them much because they don't have "first class". I'm sure some do, but people also go out of their ways to fly on JetBlue because they're so good. I don't think there should be a punishment for not having the higher classes. At a minimum, I feel like the impact of this should be way smaller, instead of the current, rather drastic, measures.
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
Right now it doesn't exactly punish you, cos overall rep is not a factor in demand. All it does is to reflect that your airline isn't a high overall rep airline, but still this overall rep thing needs to be better worded to prevent misunderstanding or something.