New reputation system
Or maybe I'm crazy [Image: cry.png]
[Image: iLm5DiL.png]
Pilot training does cost money for your airline I believe. Pilots who join your airline cost training dollars to you, so you don't really need that plane, but if you want you could of course Smile
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
how much do they typically spend on one pilot?
It says somewhere that the majority of airlines require a pilot to pay his own cost of training. I wonder if that is true? It would definitely make the game slightly different if it were the case.

I would guess that it would cost the airlines to buy training equipment and packages, though.
Depends. I don't think that pilots have to pay for a type rating on a plane (eg 737 type rating) but they do have to pay to get all the way up to their ATP which is the license in the US you need to fly for an airline (there are similar requirements in other countries). The ATP requires 1500 hours (with a couple exceptions including universities and the military), so it is expensive and tough for a pilot to pay for. However, since the airline chooses what plane the pilot flies, they pay for the type rating on that plane.
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
I can only speak about Europe. Here you always have to pay for your type rating in one shape or form.

If you get a job offer from a low cost airline like Ryanair they will ask you to pay for your type rating up front (around 35.000 Euros).

If you get into a more "traditional" airline they will pay for your type rating but then deduct it from your salary until it is paid off. During that time (usually 2 - 5 years) you are not allowed to quit. If you do, you have to pay back the outstanding cost of training.

So, I don't know how it works in other parts of the world, but here in Europe you pretty much always pay for training and then type rating.

Hope this helps.

Stefan
Is that so, Stefan? That sounds terrible. The company should always pick up the tab for that imo.
The problem is that some people get themselves trained at airline A and then shortly afterwards quit to fly for airline B. 

So airline A ends up paying for all the training without getting an employee. They then have to hire a new one and pay for the training again.
To avoid that they bond people until they have gotten their investment back. 
It is not ideal, but I can understand why they do it. 

Stefan
Hi everyone
I have to say I am not too happy with the current state of the game. It doesn't feel very balanced.
I have to spend loads on advertising to increase load factors, but the minute I decrease that spending the load factors drop.
Surely if a person has become aware of my airline they don't suddenly forget about it if I decide to decrease spending on TV adverts.
It makes creating a profitable airline very difficult and the first few weeks the new players will just have to sit and wait until things improve.
I agree that the previous version of the game was too easy. But I feel it has gone the other way.

Could we not have a rep system that builds up and only decays slowly when you stop spending on adverts?
(05-05-2019, 08:54 AM)fsclips Wrote: Could we not have a rep system that builds up and only decays slowly when you stop spending on adverts?

It's in the works to have something like that soon
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise