New reputation system
(01-13-2019, 03:40 PM)Unknown98 Wrote: I know. Feedback is necessary, just difficult to get it working for all types of airlines. I get it right for LCC's, and carde can't run his premium airline. I get it right for both of those and then full service people complain. lol

So I just made the change to the reputation calculations. It will no longer include reputation ratings of 0 in the average. So if you had some quick flights that had 0 reputation, those will no longer be counted. If you offer different classes on different routes, the routes where you do not offer a particular class will no longer lower the reputation of that class.

Just as an example @Zortan your economy reputation stayed the same at around 7.7% but your premium economy went from 3 something to 13%.

The only issue I foresee with this is, lets say you don't have any business or first class. So your reputation for those will be 0, thus lowering your overall rep (as it is designed to be). You could in theory create a config for business and first, run one flight a week, and now the formula will average that one weekly flight and your overall reputation will jump way up. So what I think I need to do is weight the overall reputation based on the number of flights you operate. Idk what the number could be, perhaps 20 weekly flights needed for a 100% weight on the formula, anything less than that lowers the weight and prevents this loophole. I'm not sure.

Balancing for such a diverse audience is very hard, thank you so much for all the hard work.

I think it makes sense if a carrier only have a decked out Economy class (with no-other classes) should not be a 5 star airline. However, a carrier that only have a decked out First class (with no-other classes) should be a 5 star airline. So maybe some weighting needs to be done over that. 

I am running a premium carrier with no Economy (right now my reputation is hurting, but I can see you are going to change the formula soon, so kudo for that)

Going forward with your latest suggestion, do you think just adding one seat of a decked out Economy on every flight will solve the problem? (or I probably created another loop hole).
Yes that's how it works, right now economy class is weighted 35% for total reputation. So if you offer Y+, J and F only, in theory your max overall reputation will be 65% due to the lack of economy.

If you added 1 seat of decked out economy, yes it would solve the problem and your max rep would then be 100% as opposed to 65%. But that's not really how it should work IMO. I need to think of something.

But you have to realize that overall reputation does not actually affect anything other than the star rating and the ranking of your airline compared to others. It's not used in any of the formulas.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
I just corrected an error with the flight reputation formula - if you had less meals than required, the game would actually reward you with more reputation rather than penalize you with less, as it is supposed to. Likewise if you had more meals than required - the game would penalize you rather than reward you. The formula was working opposite the way it should have.
(01-13-2019, 05:16 PM)Unknown98 Wrote: Yes that's how it works, right now economy class is weighted 35% for total reputation. So if you offer Y+, J and F only, in theory your max overall reputation will be 65% due to the lack of economy.

If you added 1 seat of decked out economy, yes it would solve the problem and your max rep would then be 100% as opposed to 65%. But that's not really how it should work IMO. I need to think of something.

But you have to realize that overall reputation does not actually affect anything other than the star rating and the ranking of your airline compared to others. It's not used in any of the formulas.

Actually there is really no point to care about ratings right? Unless high overall ratings will boost your demand or something...

Honestly the best way is to create a minimum number of seats required for the rep to be counted. So for instance if number < 4 won't count the rep or something.

What I feel should be changed is the demand formula, so that I don't get punished for my competitor's exorbitant prices. For instance, I have a flight running between Shanghai and London. I am charging $9676 for J and $12306 for F, but right now I am suffering from 0 J passengers because my only competitor is charging $12261 for J and $18182 for F. I could change all my J seats to F to leech that 54 F passengers, but seriously what is this? Although I sound like ranting, I just believe that this is a bug on the formula and should be adjusted so that only I can punish myself by charging F and J prices within 10% of each other (as you said earlier)
Thanks for fixing the 0 thing Unk it has made a difference to my bottom line Tongue

To be completely honest Carde's type of carrier doesn't need to be supported, as IRL who charges thousands and thousands for flights on an ancient A340 or a Concorde? That doesn't need to be made profitable to be brutally honest, but the low-cost carrier model does need to be profitable.
[Image: 0lXj3OH.png]
(01-14-2019, 04:58 AM)lolliftw Wrote: Actually there is really no point to care about ratings right? Unless high overall ratings will boost your demand or something...

Honestly the best way is to create a minimum number of seats required for the rep to be counted. So for instance if number < 4 won't count the rep or something.

What I feel should be changed is the demand formula, so that I don't get punished for my competitor's exorbitant prices. For instance, I have a flight running between Shanghai and London. I am charging $9676 for J and $12306 for F, but right now I am suffering from 0 J passengers because my only competitor is charging $12261 for J and $18182 for F. I could change all my J seats to F to leech that 54 F passengers, but seriously what is this? Although I sound like ranting, I just believe that this is a bug on the formula and should be adjusted so that only I can punish myself by charging F and J prices within 10% of each other (as you said earlier)

Correct.

Yeah I'm going to look at changing that part of the formula. The original idea was that if the average price for J is $12,200, and you offer F for $12,300, potential J passengers who were willing to pay $12,200 would upgrade to your F for only $100 more. But I think I need to take the average of all airlines (including the player's) rather than the average of the competition only. Also probably put a limit on that formula since in theory once your F class fills up the remaining J demand would surely be willing to pay the relatively cheap price for J seats even though they "missed out" on the upgrade to F.

(01-15-2019, 01:19 AM)Zortan Wrote: Thanks for fixing the 0 thing Unk it has made a difference to my bottom line Tongue

To be completely honest Carde's type of carrier doesn't need to be supported, as IRL who charges thousands and thousands for flights on an ancient A340 or a Concorde? That doesn't need to be made profitable to be brutally honest, but the low-cost carrier model does need to be profitable.

It doesn't need to be easily profitable per sey, but the formula shouldn't break or behave unrealistically in any given scenario.
(01-12-2019, 09:01 AM)Anzatax Wrote: I think this is the problem with the reputation system currently:

Economy class are allowed the same options that first class has, and in order to max out economy rating you have to offer the same IFS as first while giving them a bad seat, which is somewhat silly Tongue. Why not realistically cut the option that each class has from first class down? For example, I don't think any airline ever served a gourmet 3-course meal in economy; maybe a hot/cold full meal or hot/cold light meal can be the limit of quality offered in economy, and offering such an option should enable one to max the reputation for that class of seating. Then for premium economy onwards the limit is set slightly higher and the full list of options should be available in first class. However, it is up to people to let first class customers suffer economy treatment, because technically an airline could offer peanuts as a snack to first class (although that is one stingy airline); but to serve hundreds of customers in economy a gourmet three-course meal is just crazy and unheard of Big Grin

Also, how does one ever manage to stick a big IFE screen on a small economy seat back? Maybe the same idea for options can be applied to the IFE too - in economy the screens can only be mid-sized at max and so on.

Another way that allows players more freedom would of course be to just lower the demand for quality in each class, so that maybe a light meal can already be max for reputation in economy while each higher class demands more, but players still have the choice to offer a three-course gourmet meal in any class if they wish Tongue. But that way may be a little bit harder to program? At least to me it seems a bit unrealistic.

Just a few suggestions of mine ( in a somewhat long post Tongue)

Will this suggestion be feasible and realistic? Tongue
I mean I could do it but it would require a re-write of the IFS formulas and that's not something I'm willing to do right now. Also one of the big things that a lot of people wanted was the ability to do essentially whatever they want. No airline in real life serves a 3 course gourmet meal in economy, but if you want to do that in the game, well then go ahead. I don't want to impose artificial limits.

Lowering the threshold of passenger expectations is actually extremely easy (change 1 number in the formula) due to the way I coded it, and is something I'm looking into because I believe the expectations for economy class especially may be a little high.

I'm also looking into considering the pricing of each option when calculating the rating of a particular IFS or IFE profile.
I think that the expectations should be reduced, especially in economy. I haven't found a way to make my buy-on-board profitable, so I mean they should probably be buying more than they are tbh but idk how much more.
[Image: 0lXj3OH.png]
I am wondering though, if one is to be allowed to offer a gourmet 3-course meal for economy, why not also allow the first class bed seating option? It is still possible in real life to make it happen as well Big Grin