Compiling Airport/Airline restrictions sorted by region
Exclamation 
Hi everyone, so as all of you may know the next part of this closed beta is to implement political restrictions. As a result, I would like to help Unk compile a list of restrictions by region so that he can try to implement it in game together with the political restrictions. Problem is that I am not really familiar with some of the countries and their restriction. (Even if I am familiar I don't have time to double check it)

So here is what I am going to do. Basically, here is the link to the current list where I am compiling. I will start with Asian countries first before moving on to other regions. What you can help me is to provide me some of the restrictions that you know about countries, and submit them below in this format.

Region:
Nation:
Description of restriction(s):
References:

Please try to make them as accurate as possible. The restrictions you can provide include, but not limited to:
1. Domestic/International Airport
2. Noise/Time Restrictions
3. Route Restrictions (eg. FNJ airport in Pyongyang only allows for flights to China because of UN sanctions)
4. Aircraft/Capacity Restrictions

Thanks!
Also there are the freedoms of aviation - Unk needs to make sure that 8th freedom flights, etc. are not allowed, and 5th freedom flights come at a high price. That's my main thing for this. There's also the EU rules which I think he understands Smile

If you give me permission to edit whatever that thing you linked is, I'd be more than willing to help you with it.
[Image: 75T19MV.png?1]
The first iteration of political restrictions will include -

Flight must begin/end in home country
EU rules

Things like 5th freedom, noise restrictions, route specific restrictions etc will come later as to not delay the reset any longer than necessary.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
So Unk, you won't allow 5th freedom routes at the start, or will you but just not charge or anything?
Not from the start. The whole 5th freedom thing is another feature on its own, I have to decide how to implement it and how airlines go about applying for route rights, how to calculate the costs, etc. There's a lot to it.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
(01-15-2019, 12:30 AM)Zortan Wrote: Also there are the freedoms of aviation - Unk needs to make sure that 8th freedom flights, etc. are not allowed, and 5th freedom flights come at a high price. That's my main thing for this. There's also the EU rules which I think he understands Smile

If you give me permission to edit whatever that thing you linked is, I'd be more than willing to help you with it.

Oh no problems Just dm me your email and I will give access rights Wink
Region: LGA
Nation: USA
Description of restriction(s): Flights may not exceed a 1500nm diameter from the airport except on Saturdays and DEN. Also international flights must come through US Preclearance airports (i.e. YYZ and YUL)
References: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaGuardia_Airport

Also, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands should be considered part of the U.S. for political restrictions.
The saguaro cactus is my spirit animal and it should be yours too.
It's official y'all:
[Image: SKUn4m2.png]
Haven't been updating the document in a long time... Now that I am freer I will start to update some of the restrictions that I know... If anything please help to update me with anything I may have overlooked. Thanks!
LCY not open on the weekends
(08-20-2019, 06:06 PM)gaff85 Wrote: LCY not open on the weekends

Hmm I believe it is open on the weekends, but airlines choose not to use it then due to business demand. I think the weekends are when BA flies vacation flights out of LCY if I'm not mistaken.