Political Restrictions
As has been planned for many months, simple political restrictions have just now been implemented into the route creation process of the game. This does not affect routes/flights already created, it only affects new routes created after this point in time.

I am calling it "simple" political restrictions because it lacks some of the more detailed aspects of a full system like route-specific restrictions, airport time restrictions, 5th freedom flights, country-specific restrictions and so on. Those will come after the reset as feature enhancements. However, it does offer support for the EU. In short:

If you are not based in the EU:

1) Your flights must begin or end from your home country. Two consecutive flights outside of your home country are not allowed.

If you are based in the EU:

1) Your flights must begin or end from either your home country, or a country in the EU. 
2) If you are flying to a country that is not in the EU, the other airport must be in your home country (as in real life).

That's it. As time goes on we will perfect this system and add more restrictions and allowances to reflect real political restrictions. 

About Brexit, if/when that happens, it will be handled at that time. As of right now the UK is still part of the EU. But if Brexit does happen after the reset, then routes violating the new restrictions would most likely be manually cleared from the database. That's the simplest way to do it. Perhaps with a little warning or cushion time in between to give airlines that operate those routes time to prepare.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
my 5th freedom route plan just failed.
Hi Admin

Why two consecutive flights outside of our home country are not allowed?

It doesn't make sense.

If I send two aircraft from MDE to MAD those aircraft must come back.

Saludos.
[Image: iLm5DiL.png]
MDE -> MAD -> MDE    that is OK

MDE -> MAD -> LHR     That will not work.

It is to replicate real life restrictions and to prevent 'spamlines' and exponential growth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedoms_of_the_air

for example you don't see british airways operating JFK - ORD. That's because they are not allowed to under the law.
Currently what about the australia-NZ air traffic rights? Are they also allowed?
@sfk 5th freedom flights are not in the game yet. As Unk said, only the "basis" of the political restrictions system has been implemented.
(02-03-2019, 04:04 AM)Unknown98 Wrote: MDE -> MAD -> MDE    that is OK

It is to replicate real life restrictions and to prevent 'spamlines' and exponential growth. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedoms_of_the_air

for example you don't see british airways operating JFK - ORD. That's because they are not allowed to under the law.

But this happens in real life there was a route a few months ago:

ASS -> MAD -> BCN -> MAD -> ASS
Glad to see political restrictions in place!

Thank you!
Fly the mild-mannered skies! 
(02-03-2019, 04:00 PM)Pol20017 Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 04:04 AM)Unknown98 Wrote: MDE -> MAD -> MDE    that is OK

But this happens in real life there was a route a few months ago:

ASS -> MAD -> BCN -> MAD -> ASS

I believe that is a 5th freedom, which will eventually be implemented, but not at this time.

I am currently doing some research on the openskies agreement, I've been told that US based airlines can fly inter-EU flights as long as the flight originated from within the US (so for example JFK-LHR-CDG). Also that EU based airlines can fly to the US (only the US) from anywhere within the EU, it does not have to be from the airline's home country. So those are 2 changes that may be coming soon.

@lolliftw how do the restrictions work in AUS/NZ? If it is something simple I can probably add them prior to the reset.
When will the last reset be?
[Image: 800px-Lufthansa_Logo_2018.svg.png]