No profit in regional flights. Need tips
Hello CEOs

How to make profit in refional flights? My VA homebase is PLU in Brazil
Several flights do not make profit like in real life, we have multiple regional airlines here but in game every aircraft i tried cannot afford the flight costs
The problem with regional flights are that the aircrafts aren't in the sky for a long time compared to other aircrafts like A321 or B787. Also, the fuel burn for regional aircrafts in game is very high,  you can't really have much profit with regional aircrafts. If we calculate the # of seats/fuel burn, you can see how it works, the bigger the ratio is, the better the fuel burn is. But it really depends on the size of regional you are talking about.
For 160 seats, A220-300 will be best at 167
For 130, A220-100 at 126
100, SSJ100LR at 137
90, E175 at 91
80, Q400 at 70
At 70 seats or less, you don't really have a good aircraft. Note the gap between 100 seaters and 90 seaters, the ratio difference is 46, so you have to pay a lot for fuels. You can try to change the prices, but that has its limit. Or, you could do something like United. Get a larger plane and put some First or Business classes.

I just looked at your base and fleet. Your airport has quite small traffic, so the last few lines wouldn't matter. But, I believe that the Q400 have a better fuel burn, range, speed, and seats, so you could try that, but you might still lose money. I tried making a regional fleet some time back, but every time I tried, I was loosing money.
Regional flights seem to earn very very little.
It is disappointing to see that regional aviation is virtually impossible to make money. The routes I am using are extremely popular in my country.

Making this type of flight viable would be great for the game. Not everyone wants transatlantic flights or luxury companies. Regional aviation is a passion that I have.

Would it be unrealistic to choose the fuel economy profile on the routes? A higher flight time impacting a little on satisfaction could make these flights more economical and profitable
(03-15-2019, 04:13 PM)FlyMaker Wrote: It is disappointing to see that regional aviation is virtually impossible to make money. The routes I am using are extremely popular in my country.

Making this type of flight viable would be great for the game. Not everyone wants transatlantic flights or luxury companies. Regional aviation is a passion that I have.

Would it be unrealistic to choose the fuel economy profile on the routes? A higher flight time impacting a little on satisfaction could make these flights more economical and profitable

Agree.

We need regional flights have a different formula.
[Image: iLm5DiL.png]
I'm totally agree with you, I would like to fly regional profitable routes in this game even between small airports but placed in two different capitals.
Now even my best routes dont bring enought money. Capital to capital flights have very low profit
R.I.P Regional flights
[Image: iLm5DiL.png]
Can you share with me some specific routes that you are talking about so I can take a look?

there might be something you can do, or there might be a change I could make prior to the upcoming reset.
I am the developer of Airline Enterprise
Please take a look at ASM-ADD, FNA-CKY- this two routes from real life.;Thank you.