Small update to implement some minor bugfixes and add income tax calculatons
1. Time Remaining on the active flights page improved so that it now handles all flights correctly regardless of how far out the departure is. Also aligned the date time format on the active flights page and the airline overview page to match.
2. For the first 5 instant lease deliveries, the game will no longer allow you lease the aircraft if you do not have enough cash to pay for both the 1st week's lease and the cabin configuration
3. Ability to view aircraft details has been added, in the case that the user has not yet created their airline
4. Income tax of 20% has been implemented, and will be deducted along with the rest of the weekly costs every Friday at Noon UTC. Airlines only pay income tax if they turned an overall net profit in the previous 7 day period (Fri thru Thurs). Income tax is a non-operating expense.
Bugfix regarding incorrect demand calculations on routes with no competition
1. Bugfix for incorrect calculation of demand boost, on routes where an airline is the sole operator. This demand boost is now limited to + ~10%, whereas previously this was incorrectly providing a boost of + ~40%.
2. Bugfix for demand remaining stable even after an airline has flown the route for some time, on routes where an airline is the sole operator. Demand will now correctly decrease over time as the airline operates the route and consumes a portion of the original demand.
Patch 1.1.3 has been applied which addresses several major issues. Please see the changelog below.
1. Modifications made to the fuel price algorithm to prevent unreasonably low or high fuel prices
2. Bugfix for the transaction values not being displayed on the upcoming transactions tab on the ledger page
3. Bugfix for airlines not being charged for maintenance checks. The cost of the maintenance check is now recorded on the ledger as an upcoming transaction and will be charged upon completion of the check.
4. Bugfix for incorrectly calculated passenger capacity when flying routes close to the maximum range of the aircraft
5. Bugfix for incorrect calculation of available cash balance when bidding on auctions
Hotfix applied to address some issues since the reset.
1. Patch for the "Cannot read property of 'geometry' of undefined" error - the route map is no longer displayed on the airline detail page if the airline does not operate any routes.
2. The "Lease a New Gate" button was added back to the Gate Management page
3. Max reserve range and fuel burn of several aircraft have been updated:
Boeing 737-200 Advanced
4. The game now properly calculates hours remaining for each maintenance check for aircraft that spawn on the used market
5. Bugfix for the demand formula counting your own flights as competition when calculating the demand boost for flying a route with no competition.
The game has been reset, and we are now in BETA Version 1.1 of Airline Enterprise. Please read through the full changelog here.
The game guide has been updated, so you may want to give it a quick read through.
The changes made in this version should lead to an overall more realistic experience, with the main goal being to address the exponential growth that was able to be achieved by large airlines previously. The game will continue to be updated and developed as we move forward with various features, enhancements and bug fixes.
If you encounter an issue, please report it on our issue tracker here.
The upcoming full game reset is planned to take place on September 6th
We will be performing a full game reset in the coming weeks - exact date TBA. All changes from the Test Environment will be implemented, except there will be some adjustments to the used market/auction systems, to ensure decent aircraft availability. Other minor enhancements are also planned, full information & changelog to come at a later date.
There will be scheduled maintenance on May 30 2020 at 17:00 UTC. We will be performing regular server systems upgrades and updates. The game will be unavailable during this time. The forums will also be unavailable at this time, however, the issue tracker and chat should remain online.
See the forums for more details or join us in chat.
We have implemented parallel processing into the route auto-scheduling script, along with making some additional database optimizations. This should cut the time it takes to auto-schedule routes each day in half. In the coming days we will try to also apply this same optimization to other areas of the game, such as the scripts that calculate route awareness.
A bug with the calculation of fuel prices has been fixed. Instead of taking a 7 day average and calculating a new price based off that, it was simply averaging the entire last 2 months data. Also, fuel prices should start to drop to around the $2 mark shortly.
Transfer flights no longer require a gate to be leased at the destination airport. You can now transfer aircraft to any airport in range and that meets the runway requirements, without having to lease a gate first.
There will be scheduled maintenance on January 3 at 17:00 UTC. We will be performing server hardware upgrades to address the issue with automatic route scheduling. The game will be unavailable during this time.
See the forums for more details or join us in chat.